Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream. – Lao Tzu
- Be very clear about what you want. We’re all familiar with the expression, “Be careful what you ask for!” If you want to realize a dream or goal, think about what you want and why you want it. Take time to get granular with the details and to consider what you are asking for!
- Put your wish out there! Ask the universe for it! You don’t have to shout it from the rooftops, but be connected to what you want to bring into your life. Say it quietly to yourself or say it outloud, and share it with those close to you!
- Take the steps to make it happen. Be a conscious creator. If you want a new job, envision the kind of job you want, scour the job sites and send out resumes to the jobs that that catch your eye. Don’t wait for the perfect job to come to you! Get yourself out there and actively start your job-seeking process… By getting the ball rolling and making contacts, you will learn about your desired job market along the way and possibly open up some valuable opportunities.
- Have faith and trust in your process. If you know what you want, start taking those steps to make it happen… and keep going until it does. Your process may bring results immediately or it may longer. The important part is remain focused and resolute. Some days you may feel more energetic than others, but stay true to your course and keep your radar sharp.
- Be on the lookout for what comes your way! Acknowledge what is being sent to you along the way. Sometimes things come to us in unusual packaging. Don’t limit Mr. Right to being only 6’1” with green eyes. Try to let go of any preconceived notions. Stay open and focused about to what you want, and it will come!
- Stay positive. Working toward a goal or dream should energize and excite. Keep your thoughts clear and your spirit strong so that you have a better chance of attracting the things you love and that are good for you.
- Clear all resistance. Don’t let negative thoughts cloud your mind. If and when you come up against obstacles, think of them as challenges, not closed doors. How can you get past them? Should you go over, under, around or through them? It is easy to give up… but if something is truly important to you, you can find a way! Just give yourself time. If you really want something, the effort and time are worth the wait!