Programming your Hopes and Dreams with an Intention
You can actively use your dreams to help solve problems, tackle challenges or realize intentions. It is best to begin this exercise on the night of a New or Full Moon, depending on the intention you want to realize. You can verify the current moon phases in a Farmer’s Almanac, on a calendar or on the Internet. The New Moon is a time to draw something your way while the Full Moons is a time to end, liberate or release yourself from a certain situation.
1. On the day you begin this exercise, preferably the day of the New or Full Moon, try to clarify your hopes and dreams. Write down your intent, wish or question on an index card or in your journal, using only ten words or less. Try to do this first thing in the morning, before my to-do list kicks in. If you use an index card, put it somewhere you will see it regularly. You want to keep be reminded of this intention throughout the day. This will help you stay focused on it!
What is at the core issue of _______________?
What actions would best serve me in healing ______________?
Why do I have communication issues with or when _______?
What do I need to do to find healing in ______?
2. When you wake up the following morning, write down any dreams, thoughts, or feelings you are experiencing, even if you don’t think they are significant.
3. As you go through your day, write down any new thoughts or experiences that relate to the issue you are working on.
4. Repeat this exercise for three to five days.
5. Then look over your notes. You may discover that images you first thought were unrelated now make sense and give you clues to the overall pattern of your life.
I wish you prosperous dreaming!
Use the New Moon to set an intention for something you wish to draw your way. Use Full Moons to set an intention for something you want to release or free yourself from.